Reshaping the gambling industry
There are three licensing objectives which support the whole basis of gambling regulation:
- That crime should be kept out of gambling
- It should be conducted in a fair and open way
- Children and other vulnerable persons should be protected from harm or exploitation from gambling.
Most people who gamble do so safely, but gambling can be harmful for some. These harms may include for example, excessive play due to inexperience or binge gambling, periods of loss of control and more serious gambling addiction. The harm suffered is not restricted to the gambler, it is also felt by families, friends, communities and employers.
In our previous blog, Responsible Gambling in the UK: All You Need to Know, we noted that in the digital world that we now live in, the possibility for problem gamblers to slip through the net is apparent, and it is imperative that we as an industry do our bit to prevent just that.
UK Gambling Commission: Social Responsibility Code
Proactively interacting early enough and in the right way can help someone keep control of their gambling and you will retain them as a customer, instead of them choosing to opt for a self-exclusion or closing their account entirely. In the long term this approach is more sustainable for your business.
Social responsibility code provision 3.4.1, requiring effective policies and procedures for customer interaction; particularly the requirement to make use of all relevant sources of information, to identify at-risk customers who may not be displaying obvious signs, and to interact with customers designated as “VIPs”.
This code provision includes:
- Detect early signs of Problem Gambling risk
- Monitor user behavior and update risk scores in real-time
- Raise clear and actionable alerts to intervene
- Act in real time to reduce gambling-harm
- Record live chats, risk scores and intervention history
- Track interactions and resulting outcomes over time
- Analyze customer risk data to understand both individual and overall impact
- Review individual interactions to improve processes
- Embed best practices across the business
Prevent Addiction - Technology driven
We envision a world where players are actively protected from harm by promoting safe and healthy habits to prevent gambling harm.
Our AI platform identifies early signs of risk, builds fine-grained profiles and powers timely and effective interactions.
We recognise that signs of problem gambling are often subtle. Indicators can be sporadic, spread across multiple chats and agents, and in the fast-paced worlds of customer support and retention, common cues can easily be missed.
This results in vulnerable players going unnoticed, leading to severe consequences for both the customer and the operator.
Our technology integrates seamlessly with your system, making it easy for your agents to use. Using our product will enhance your processes, lower your operational risk, and demonstrate to the regulators that you take the protection of your customers seriously. Additionally, no personal data is ever stored on our servers, leaving you in full control.
If you are keen to find out more and would like to chat to our experts, please contact us.